Combi boilers deliver hot water on demand for your radiator and domestic hot water. As you never have to wait for hot water and because they dont take up much room, combi boilers account for well over half of all the new domestic boiler installations in the UK every year. A combi bolier doesnt use an external hot water cylinder so they are very economical to run. Only heating the water you require reduces the amount of heat lost as you dont need a storage tank, therefore meaning you could save money on your heating bill.
An added benefit is that hot water is delivered at mains pressure, which means that you could get a powerful shower without the need for a separate pump.
- Compact sizes make combi boilers perfect for smaller properties
- Ideal where there is little or no loft space
- No need for a hot water cylinder allows increased living space
- No cold water storage tank frees up a loft for conversion
- No risk of loft pipework freezing
- Less pipework in the home makes installation typically cheaper